Raise Extra Funds at WorkMore and more employers are supporting the philanthropic efforts of their employees through company giving programs and donation match programs. Some even extend these offers to spouses and retirees. So, if your employer doesn’t offer one, your partner’s employer might. Check with your HR team today or learn more about these opportunities below.
Company giving programs including Canada Helps and Benevity encourage you to fundraise for the causes you care about most. Like, life-saving cancer research.
Company Giving Programs
If your company offers a company giving program, you can donate directly to your goal, support another registered Walk participant and even ask colleagues to contribute directly through payroll deduction.
Ways to Donate
Depending on the third-party online platform your company uses, you can choose either one-time or recurring donation amounts. These can be payroll deducted or paid through credit card, debit card or PayPal.
Getting Started is Easy
Talk to your HR team to gain access to your company’s online platform and then follow their guidance on how to make a donation.
When donating please include the following details:
- The donation amount
- The frequency (one-time or recurring)
- The name of the Ride participant or Ride team you are supporting
- The payment method (payroll deduction, credit card, debit card, or PayPal)
After the donation details have been completed through your company’s Workplace Giving platform, you will need to confirm the donation by filling out this form.
Complete This Form to Confirm Your Donation
- If you select a recurring frequency for your donation or ‘Payroll Deduction’ as your payment method, enter the total amount of your recurring donations on the confirmation form linked above
- Your Participant ID can be found by logging into your participant centre (Click ‘My Account’ in the top right corner. Your ID is directly below your name)
- Any donations made through a Workplace Giving platform should be reflected on the participant’s fundraising page within 7-10 business days from when you confirm the donation
All Donations Over $15 Are Tax DeductibleYou will be emailed a receipt on behalf of The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation shortly after your donation is processed.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Many companies now offer donation match programs so that employees can double their donations and their impact. Some offers even extend to spouses and retirees. And, if your employer doesn’t offer a donation match program, your partner’s employer might.
Double Your Donation Power
Let’s say your company provides a 1:1 donation match ratio. This means if you donate $100, your company will donate another $100 towards your fundraising goal. Be sure to check the requirements, as there is often a maximum amount that companies will match per employee.
How Does it Work?
Ask your employer or HR department about donation matching today!
Matching Gift and Volunteer Grant information provided by