Four steps to fundraising successCancer still remains the number one cause of death in Canada. The COVID-19 pandemic has only further highlighted the critical need to enable our team of world-class researchers to continue their work to Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime. We can’t get there alone — we need your strength and commitment now more than ever.
Here’s how to make the most of your walk:
1. Be bold
Emphasize to your supporters that you will be walking 20km in one day! Emphasize the challenge that this presents to you. This is your personal commitment that people will admire.
2. Create a list of potential donorsContinue to think of networks you can reach out to. Family, friends, colleagues, and any other people you interact with frequently are great to start with.
Try listing out everyone from every aspect of your life and to get an idea of how many people you can reach. You know a lot of people!
3. Tell everyone you knowRegistration complete? Visit your Participant Centre, where you’ll find several helpful email templates to send your contacts. Every email contains a link to your personal page, so friends and family can donate directly to your Walk. Other things you can do:
- Make it personal. Add your story about why you’ve committed to helping the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and inspire your donors to support you.
- After reaching out, follow up with a phone call to each person you’ve emailed and ask for a donation.
- After they’ve donated, say thank you: It’s easy when you use pre-written emails available on your personal page.
- Spread the word to all of your social media followers as well!
4. Expand your giving circleReach people you’ve never met! Ask everyone you email to forward your donation request to their friends and family.
Use your social media platforms to share why you’re riding and encourage people to support you.
You can also ask family and friends to distribute donation forms for you and talk to people they know about supporting your Walk.
Download offline donation formsOffline Individual Donation Form
Offline Team Donation Form
Need help navigating your Participant Centre? Check out this helpful how-to video.